Food Services requires medical documentation for any dietary modification needed in any of our facilities. (A modification is what is needed beyond what we currently serve.)
Provide information listed below in advance of your arrival to campus. We ask for this information by July 10 to give us the time needed to put a plan in place. Waiting to provide appropriate documentation may lead to delays in requested modifications.
Medical documentation should be a letter from your medical provider that includes:
- Current tests (within the last two years), complete and comprehensive related to your diagnoses. (A diagnosis of celiac disease does not need to be within the last two years.)
- All foods that need to be avoided, and the name of the test(s) performed.
- Documentation needs to be on office or practice letterhead, dated and signed by a professional who is licensed or certified in the area for which the diagnoses is made.
- Name, title, and license/certification credentials of the medical provider treating you for your special diet,
- The nature and the extent to what specific modifications are needed based on testing and/or clinical history.
Please send medical documentation to Syracuse University Food Services, 201 Ainsley Drive, Syracuse, NY 13244 or email@example.com.
Medical documentation will be reviewed for the requested modification(s). Please be advised that you may need to provide additional information as needed. Review of the medical documentation may be shared with Health Services and the Center for Disability Resources.
A change in accommodations/modifications will require updated medical documentation.