Welcome! We know that good nutrition and good study habits go hand-in-hand. At Syracuse University, you will find more than 20 dining establishments, ranging from cafes to all-you-care-to-eat dining centers to fine dining.
We work to be responsive to students’ needs and take good nutrition and food safety seriously. Take a look around our site to learn more about the many services we offer.
Top 5 Things to Know About Food at Syracuse University:
- Daily Menu and Nutrition Analysis
- View each day’s menu for the dining centers, along with the nutrition information and food allergens. This information is also available by scanning QR codes in the dining centers. Every dining center serves the same menu, allowing us to provide consistent, safe, high quality food.
- Dietary Accommodations
- All five dining centers have separate gluten-free areas that are monitored regularly. In addition, foods prepared in our Cook Chill and Production Kitchen facility at our central warehouse are peanut and treenut (except coconut) free. Our allergy program won the 2019 award for Best Food Allergy Program for Universities from AllerTrain by MenuTrinfo®.
- Kosher are served in Shaw Dining Center for lunch and dinner.
- Halal foods are available in all dining centers. Menu items are indicated in the key on our online menu. You may also scan the QR code on the labels in the dining centers to determine if a menu item is halal. Food Services has been working steadily to increase the variety of halal foods in all of the dining centers. In addition, our current recipes are under review to determine how they may be produced as halal.
- We have a registered dietitian on staff who meets one-on-one with students to assist with dietary needs. Email Ruth Sullivan with questions or to set up an appointment.
- Food Services works to be sustainable on many fronts. From composting to reducing waste, we practice many sustainability efforts.
- We love feedback because it helps us to better serve you. We strongly encourage diners to fill out surveys to let us know what we are doing well and where we can improve. QR codes to surveys are posted in dining centers and cafes.
- You can also reach us through email@example.com.
- Meal Plans
- Meal Plans are administered by the office of Housing, Meal Plans, and I.D. Card Services. Learn more about your meal plan here.
We would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you and wish you plenty of success at Syracuse University!
The staff at Syracuse University Food Services