Responding to Flu-Like Symptoms
If you start exhibiting flu-like symptoms, call SU Health Services(315.443.9005). They will direct you how to proceed.
If a medical professional recommends that you stay in your room or apartment because of flu-like symptoms:
- Tell your RA.
- Tell your roommate (if you have one).
- Socially distance yourself: meaning stay in your room, keep your door closed, wear a mask if you leave your room. Masks are available at SU Health Services.
- Contact your professors if you will miss class.
Food Services Current Sick Meal Policy:
When you are feeling too ill to go to the dining center for a meal you may give your ID card and a note to a friend to take to a dining center. They will pick up a meal for you, based on what you want to eat, and bring it to your room.
Students who are told to remain in their rooms or apartments because of flu-like symptoms, may request a boxed meal “Feel Better Food Pack”.
To request a Feel Better Food Pack call 315.443.1103.
Give your name, residence hall & room, ID number and phone number.
Food Services will make deliveries to residence hall main desks.
Depending on the severity of your illness, you can pick up your meal at the main desk or have a friend or your roommate get it for you. The hours for the Residence Hall main desks are 8 a.m. – midnight.
If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to speak with any Residence Life staff member.
You should call each day you feel you will need a meal brought to you.
After meals are delivered your meal plan will be charged for the meal.
If your roommate is ill:
- Clean your space, including door knobs and appliances, with multipurpose antibacterial cleaner.
- Wash your hands even more often.
Tips for avoiding illness:
- Wash hands often with soap.
- Use antibacterial wipes to frequently clean room surfaces.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand.
- Get a seasonal flu shot.