Due to the fluctuation in the food supply chain, students with special diets need to review the menu each meal to be certain foods are safe. Please do not hesitate to ask a manager for assistance.
Syracuse University Food Services is committed to meeting the nutritional needs of our campus community. We pride ourselves on working one-on-one with students who have food allergies and medically prescribed diets. Training for special diets is provided by Ruth Sullivan, our full time registered dietitian, to managers and dining staff to help ensure a safe and satisfying dining experience.
If you have dietary needs due to medical reasons, family medical history and/or food allergies, we strongly encourage you to contact us before you come to campus. That will help us be better prepared to accommodate your nutritional needs when you arrive.
Other Special Diets
If you have a special diet such as lactose intolerance, gluten sensitivity, Crohn’s disease, IBS, or any other diet that will require a special accommodation, contact Ruth Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide medical documentation. The documentation must include the date of diagnosis and what tests were performed to diagnose your special diet. See Medical Documentation.
If you have food allergies, celiac disease, or other special dietary needs, it is in your responsibility to:
- Call 315.443.9884 to speak with the registered dietitian at Food Services before your arrival on campus to discuss the specifics of your diet. Or, email Ruth Sullivan at email@example.com with questions.
- Send a letter documenting your food allergy, food intolerance, or special diet to Syracuse University Food Services, 201 Ainsley Drive, Syracuse, NY 13244.
- Obtain appropriate and up-to-date allergy medication if prescribed and to carry it at all times.
- Wear a MedicAlert® bracelet or other type of identification that alerts others of your allergy in case of an emergency.
- Know whom to call in case of an emergency:
- *711 from a campus phone
- *911 from an off-campus phone
- *#SU from a cellphone with local service