Nestle Study Break, Sampling, and Discussion
Take a study break at Sadler dining center to sample some new, exciting vegan foods from Nestle!
Join us Wednesday, November 10 from 5 – 7 p.m.
Corporate Executive Chef Alex Dino will be preparing and serving popular vegan foods. Food Services invites all SU and SUNY-ESF students on a meal plan to sample the dishes and tell us how you feel about it!
- Sweet Earth Awesome Cheeseburger: Awesome burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, vegan cheese, veganaise poblano aioli, vegan bun, cilantro, and lime
- Sweet Earth Flatbread Pesto Grounds: Awesome grounds, Minor’s basil pesto, vegan cheese, arugula, EVOO, lemon juice, and Syracuse salt
- Vegan Alfredo Chik’n: Sweet Earth Mindful Chik’n, vegan Alfredo, peas, rotini, Rosemary, EVOO, lemon zest, and nutritional yeast
- Waldorf Mindful Chik’n Salad: Mindful Chik’n, grapes, apples, vegan mayo, and local greens
- Soba with Lemongrass Broth: Buckwheat noodles, Minor’s vegetable reductions, lemongrass, dried chili peppers, bean curd skins, bok choy, and chili crisp
In addition, Cassie Hoover, MS, RDN, LD, Senior Manager Nutrition, Health & Wellness and Sustainability will be available to share information and discuss Nestle’s Net Zero Emissions Road Map.
Study break-themed prizes will also be given away.
Chef Alex Dino – Corporate Executive Chef for Nestle Professional North America
Chef Alex is a Culinary Arts graduate at the Art Institute of New York and began perfecting his craft working in New York City’s preeminent and Michelin Starred kitchens, including Le Bernardin, Alta and the Marriott Marquis Hotel. He is an award-winning chef and cookbook author, 2010 Sears Chef Challenge Grand Champion, and in 2008 he was named one of the top three best cafeteria chefs by Fortune Magazine. He has authored the cookbook “MODERN TOFU,” a collection of delectable tofu dishes and insightful cooking methods with a modern approach.
When not in the kitchen, Chef Alex never stops moving. He trains and competes in marathons around the world. So far, he has completed more than two dozen marathons including Berlin, Tokyo, Toronto, Paris, Rome, Madrid, New York, and Boston.
Cassie Hoover MS, RDN, LD – Senior Manager Nutrition, Health & Wellness and Sustainability
Cassie Hoover has more than 10 years of experience in nutrition, health and wellness efforts at Nestlé. In her role, she leverages her science-based training and experience as a dietitian alongside her knowledge of consumer behaviors and trends to establish health, wellness and sustainability roadmaps for the brands within Nestlé Professional- USA. Her work includes collaboration with marketing, sales, product development, regulatory and government affairs to incorporate health and sustainability into new and reformulated products, communications and partnerships.