Syracuse University Food Services is the largest student employer on campus. We depend on our student staff to help run our operations efficiently and serve our large customer base. Food Services is one of the few departments on campus that encourages students to take on responsibilities with advancement for a job well done. The professional development and team-building skills you’ll learn working for Food Services will enhance your resume and help you navigate career opportunities in any industry once you graduate.
A complimentary meal during your shift is an added benefit for student employees.
Types of jobs available and their locations:
Campus Catering and Goldstein Alumni and Faculty Center
These specialized services offer positions waiting on tables, serving, or bartending for various catering events on campus.
The Stadium offers opportunities to serve and prepare food, host private suites, or sell Syracuse merchandise at Syracuse University sporting events.
Kimmel Food Court and Goldstein Dining Center offer daytime, evening, or late-night positions. These locations are especially good for students who need flexible hours or have fast-food experience.
Residential Dining Centers
The five campus dining centers offer students set schedules in locations close to their residence halls.
Campus Cafés, Snack Bars, and Convenience Stores
Daytime and evening positions in a smaller setting are available in the campus snack bars and convenience stores.
How to Apply
1. Go to syr.joinhandshake.com and create an account if you haven’t already
2. Search for jobs under “postings”
3. Type in “food” in the search bar
4. Choose the location where you would like to work (i.e., Brockway)
5. Fill out the application and hit submit
6. Wait for a student manager to reach out to you via email. They will give you the next steps to take for employment. This should happen within 4-5 days. While you wait, please visit 210 Steele Hall to fill out your I-9 verification form and any other necessary paperwork.
Food Services encourages students to rise to challenges and become leaders. We will work with your schedules to foster growth and development as well as accountability, responsibility, and leadership. Advancement opportunities include supervisors, managers, and administrative assistants. Please reach out to your student management staff to discuss opportunities for advancement within your unit.
Forms and Links
Syracuse University is an EOE/AA Employer