Responding to Flu-Like Symptoms
If you start exhibiting flu-like symptoms, call SU Health Services(315.443.9005). They will direct you how to proceed.
If a medical professional recommends that you stay in your room or apartment because of flu-like symptoms:
- Tell your RA.
- Tell your roommate (if you have one).
- Socially distance yourself: meaning stay in your room, keep your door closed, wear a mask if you leave your room. Masks are available at SU Health Services.
- Contact your professors if you will miss class.
Food Services Current Sick Meal Policy:
When you are feeling too ill to go to the dining center for a meal you may give your ID card and a note to a friend to take to a dining center. They will pick up a meal for you, based on what you want to eat, and bring it to your room.
Students who are told to remain in their rooms or apartments because of flu-like symptoms, may request a boxed meal “Feel Better Food Pack”.
To request a Feel Better Food Pack call 443-1103.
Give your name, residence hall & room, ID number and phone number.
Food Services will make deliveries to
residence hall main desks 3 times per day:
Depending on the severity of your illness, you can pick up your meal at the main desk or have a friend or your roommate get it for you. The hours for the Residence Hall main desks are 8 a.m. – midnight.
If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to speak with any Residence Life staff member.
You should call each day you feel you will need a meal brought to you.
After meals are delivered your meal plan will be charged for the meal.
If your roommate is ill:
- Clean your space, including door knobs and appliances, with multipurpose antibacterial cleaner.
- Wash your hands even more often.
Tips for avoiding illness:
- Wash hands often with soap.
- Use antibacterial wipes to frequently clean room surfaces.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand.
- Get a seasonal flu shot.