Syracuse University Food Services is committed to meeting the nutritional needs of our
campus students. We pride ourselves in working one-on-one with students who have
food allergies and medically prescribed diets. Food Allergy training is provided by
Ruth Sullivan, our full time registered dietitian to managers and dining staff to help
ensure a safe and satisfying dining experience.
If you have dietary needs due to medical reasons, family medical history and/or food
allergies, we strongly encourage you to contact us before you come to campus. That
will help us be better prepared to accommodate your nutritional requirements when you
arrive. We look forward to welcoming you to Syracuse University!
Please send a letter documenting your food allergy, food intolerance or special diet to
- Syracuse University Food Services, 201 Ainsley Drive, Syracuse, NY 13244
- Syracuse University Health Services, 111 Waverly Ave, Syracuse, NY 13244
To help us access your nutritional needs, please fill out the Allergy Form.
If you have food allergies or a special diet, it is in your responsibility to:
- Call 315.443.9884 to speak with the registered dietitian at Food Services before your arrival on campus to discuss the specifics of your diet.
- Send a letter documenting your food allergy, food intolerance, or special diet to Syracuse University Food Services, 201 Ainsley Drive, Syracuse, NY 13244.
- Obtain appropriate and up-to-date allergy medication if prescribed and to carry it at all times.
- Be sure to read Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) Managing Food Allergies at College.
- Have an emergency plan. Here is an example.
- Wear a MedicAlert® bracelet or other type of identification that alerts others of your allergy in case of an emergency.
- Know whom to call in case of an emergency. In case of an emergency call:
- *711 from a campus phone.
- *911 from an off-campus phone
- *#SU from a cellphone with local service.
Food Allergy Disclaimer
Syracuse University Food Services treats food allergies and celiac disease seriously. Food Services employees work one-on-one with students with food allergies and celiac disease to avoid cross-contact and allergic reactions.
Please be advised that our menu items may contain gluten and the Big 8 allergens (Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Wheat, Soy, Peanuts, and Tree nuts) or have come in contact with items containing gluten or the Big 8 allergens. In addition, food manufacturers may change their formulation or manner of processsing without our knowledge.
Syracuse University Food Services will assume no liability for any adverse reactions that may occur in the dining facilities.
Syracuse University Food Services provides gluten free meals to students under the current meal plan. All the dining centers have areas that are certified gluten free by Kitchens with Confidence™ by MenuTrinfo®. Please contact our registered dietitian at 315-443-9884 to discuss gluten free options.
Cook Chill and Production Kitchen
The Cook Chill and Production Kitchen are certified free from peanut and tree nut (except coconut) allergens by Kitchens with Confidence™ by MenuTrinfo®. The Cook Chill Facility and Production Kitchen are located in the Commissary. Foods made here include soups, stews, deli and specialty salads, entrees, and grab-and-go items.
Syracuse University Food Services also provides Kosher and Halal meals to students under the current meal plan. If you are interested in these meals, we encourage you to contact the manager at Shaw Dining Center for more information.